We love Kathy's Vegan Kitchen like no other. Our product of the week is our Awaken Body Butter, so what better way to pay homage to one of our favorite citruses found in our body butter with Kathy's recipe for Lemony Miso Potatoes?
As always, check out Kathy's Vegan Kitchen for more recipes and kitchen tips!
Kathy calls this one "the perfect marriage between sweet and savory without any oil or added fat."
Miso is a fermented food, which provides gut-healthy bacteria that correlates with better physical well-being.
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons white miso
- juice from 1 small or ½ large lemon
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 bunch sliced green onion - for serving (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Par-boil the potatoes for 3-5 minutes and drain.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade.
- Prepare a rimmed baking dish, preferably with a lid, that will fit the potatoes without crowding them too much.
- Put the potatoes in the pan
- Sprinkle with diced shallots
- Lay lemon slices on top of potatoes and shallots (I used 3) for additional lemony flavor.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, miso, lemon juice, water, nutritional yeast , sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Whisk together until you have a smooth marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the potatoes
- Leave the potatoes to marinate covered, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Cover the marinated potatoes with a lid, or tin foil.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring halfway.
- Remove the lid and bake, uncovered, for 20-30 more minutes, stirring halfway, until the potatoes are crispy to your liking.
- Serve with lemon slices, sliced green onion