For your midweek relaxation needs, try out this simple, serene Rose Bath Salts Recipe.
This D.I.Y. contains only three ingredients: Epsom salt, dried rose petals, and essential oils.
Epsom salt consists of magnesium and sulfate, which reduce swelling, relax muscles, decrease inflammation, and detoxify the body.
Rose petals not only add a pleasant smell, they are also high in antioxidants that nourish and soothe your skin.
Madeleine_Steinbach / Getty Images
Essential oils are aromatherapeutic and promote physical and emotional well-being.
YOU WILL NEED
- Dried rose petals from 1 rose
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 3 drops of your favorite essential oil (we recommend lavender, vanilla, geranium, or sandalwood)
- A food processor
- A sealable container
- Pick the petals from 1 rose
- Dry the petals by evenly placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 180 degrees (F) for 10-30 minutes
- Rotate every 10 minutes until they appear dry and slightly crisp.
- Combine the petals, salt, and essential oil in a food processor and blend for a few seconds until the petals become tiny pieces
- Use right away or store in an air tight container
- Pour 1-2 cups of Rose Bath Salts for a standard-sized bathtub with warm water
- Use your hand to swirl the water to ensure the salts dissolve
- Step into the tub and soak for at least 10 minutes to however long you'd like! (Be sure to breathe in the hot steam as you soak)
- Follow with a relaxing shower using ILERA Apothecary's Bloom Body Wash