ILERA Apothecary is a growing beauty startup that is revolutionizing the way we care for our skin. We are looking for a Social Media and Marketing Intern. The role will include: Utilizing social media to engage with current and future customers. This role requires you to be organized, able to work alone, and cross-train for other roles that may come up. From day one, you'll engage in meaningful work. Not only will you be a key part of reshaping the beauty industry, but you'll also have opportunities to impact the communities in which we work. The Social Media and Marketing Assistant will work closely with the CEO, Sales Manager, and Marketing Strategist to execute the day-to-day programs that grow engagement and brand awareness. The ideal candidate has experience in engaging design elements, copywriting, and SEO management. As part of a team, you will build connections and take on challenging projects that will help you grow both personally and professionally.
A few things you can expect from a role at ILERA Apothecary:
+ Gaining hands-on professional experience + Participating in company events + Volunteering in community service projects. Are you ready to take on your next big challenge? If so, apply and see how you can join our family today.
- Being a self-starting, curious creative with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Research best practices for marketing in the Clean Beauty, African beauty, Sustainable Beauty industries.
- Fully create, design and edit content including videos, static photos, gifs, reels, etc.
- Maintain and manage a regular posting schedule for all social media platforms with a focus on TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Develop strategies to increase following and engagement on targeted social media accounts.
- Develop copy and hashtag strategy.
- Design engaging email campaigns and maintain a targeted open and click-through rate.
- Send weekly text messages to promote the brand and provide education around products.
- Respond to pop-culture events via engaging and relevant content creation.
- Track social media, SMS, and email engagement rates and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Feel comfortable being featured on ILERA Apothecary’s social media channels.
- Curate 1 blog post a week with relevant content and high SEO keyword rates.
- Attend weekly team meetings and present data from social media, email, text messages, and app projects.
Experience/ Skill/ Qualifications:
- One year of experience with social media marketing, email marketing, and SMS marketing
- Past experience in beauty or consumer goods preferred
- Knowledge of social networking including but not limited to: TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Highly persuasive communication skills and the ability to proofread and present information.
- Have a balance of creative and analytical thinking.
- Experience building wireframes and presentations.
- Ability to work quickly and respond to business needs.
- Associate or Bachelors' degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Monthly Stipend and College Credit
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Monday to Sunday
- Weekend availability
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote