ILERA Apothecary is a growing beauty startup that is revolutionizing the way we care for our skin. We are looking for a Manufacturing Lead. The role will include production tasks (making and filling skincare products), pick, package and ship products, track and manage inventory of final products, raw materials, packaging supplies, and production supplies. This role requires you to be organized, able to work alone, and cross-train for administrative responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow SOP documents from start to finish without skipping items and without supervision.
- Sanitize equipment and packaging prior to production
- Accurately measure ingredients according to the formulation
- Track and document actual measurements
- Apply labels to packaging (jars, bottles, pouches, etc.)
- Picking and packing orders in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Work within a small team - will require the ability and willingness to do a variety of tasks on any given day, often helping out as needed where needed.
- Solve problems creatively and efficiently.
- Innovate and creatively maximize the efficiency of your work
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Assemble and fill boxes with items that need to be shipped
- Receive and gather deliveries from the mail area and sort/organize in production space
- Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs
- Receive and distribute product and assist in counting and maintaining accurate inventory
- Affix proper postage to each package in preparation for shipping
- Process orders based
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as needed
- Contact courier and schedule shipping for each package OR physically take packages to USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL or any other courier
- Assist with content creation for social media
- Work vending events as needed
- Earn additional commission through sales
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years of production/manufacturing/assembling line experience preferred
- 1+ years pick/pack experience preferred
- Advanced hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, and the ability to lift 50 lbs are all required
- Must have reliable transportation
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Macro and Micro detail orientated
- Ability to efficiently multitask and excellent time management skills
- Capable of working a schedule starting at 10 am
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be willing and able to travel to Detroit, MI (Core City area) to work 15-20 hours a week
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
ILERA Apothecary provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Black-owned organization
- Women-led organization
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Diversity and inclusion training or programs
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $12.50 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
We wear lab coats, safety glasses, gloves, hairnets and face shields. Equipment is wiped down with alcohol after each use.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Detroit, MI 48208: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)